This is something every pilot should know: tailstrikes. What are they? It's when the tail of your aircraft smacks (strikes) the runway, either during landing or takeoff. During takeoff with a fixed-wing aircraft, it could happen because of a pilot pulling up too rapidly. During landings, it could happen when a pilot flares too aggressively. Either way, it needs to be avoided.
This video safety bulletin is designed to give aerospace students and instructors the latest information regarding issues that are deemed safety sensitive which directly relate to UND Aerospace Flight Operations. This bulletin describes the risk associated with the landing and takeoff phases where numerous factors can lead to an undesired tail strike.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades